What went well this year ?
- RemoteIndian project is alive and kicking (much better website with 10 interviews, and a regular newsletter and 56 members)
- Understood the value of meditation after Vipassana course and found a lot of calmness
- Got the maker bug and built many side projects
- Built bluletter.inBuilt ChartKitty using ElixirRebuilt my personal website -> https://abhishekbose.com/And of course remoteindian project (which at this moment seems to be the most promising idea)
- Awesome memories involving Dharamshala, Spiti, Benaras and Euro trip
- I have much better rituals and habits eg. using Freedom, weekly review, going to the gym or for a walk etc.
What did not go well this year ?
- Did not make a lot of money this year. After losing my remote work contract, I did not earn anything from my side projects. Also I couldn’t get any success in my JobHunt before end of year.
- Still consuming a lot of content on youtube, watching sports, browsing twitter etc
For eg. I consumed 54 hours of youtube in the last 3 months based on my RescueTime data
- Spread the jam wide and thin. (https://sivers.org/donkey) For eg. I was always confused between
Applying for RoR or Elixir opportunities ? Whether I should be a maker or a programmer ??
- 90% code, 10% marketing for my side projects while it should have been the opposite
- Not given enough time to relationships